Martin Springett News

All the latest Martin Springett news...

Return to Home Page

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Jousting with Jesters



"Jousting with Jesters" is already available on Amazon.com and afffilates .uk and .ca A pleasant surprise. Order your copy today ! Does this sound laike a sales pitch, well you're absolutely right. I went back to the landscape of my childhood, the county of Kent England, for the setting of this tale, and tapped into an aspect of my creative self that I hadn't had the chance to use in my other books. Whimsical humour, or being outright "silly", has always been a big part of my everyday persona, and I have always been a fan of literate verbal humour my whole life. From "Winnie the Pooh" to "Beyond the Fringe" "Monty Python" to "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" ( an absolute gem, starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. Forget "House", Laurie is brilliant in this series, now avialable on DVD. ) "Jousting with Jesters" allowed me to go back in time in the most positive way. I have had some wonderful experiences showing "Jousting" to kids in schools and libraries, they really seem respond to Dennis the Dragon and the medieval setting, plus the fun of finding all the various letter references and tracking the various characters and where they pop up.
Cheers, Martin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home